cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Action to default Gender based on Form of Address in IT0002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends, I have been trying to default default Gender based on Form of Address in IT0002 but not able to find any standard configuration for it. Also looked at table T522G but this table only gives a warning when both Gender and Form of Address are not appropriate but does not perform any defaults.

Do I have to write a Dynamic action for this change? I already have a Dynamic action written to default "known as" in "first name". Should I write a new Dynamic action or can I include the Gender change as well in the same dynamic action by adding some more code to it? Please help.

This is my existing code to default "known as" in "first name"

00116PP0000-MASSN='Z1'
00118IINS,0002,,,(P0002-BEGDA),(P0002-ENDDA)/D
00120WP0002-VORNA=P0002-RUFNM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani.,

If we maintain the XYZ as known as /nick name in system, you are trying to change the first name with this XYZ name., did you check the bank details, W2 forms how the name get display there?

I am sure, i want to have my legal name displayed in all legal reports in stead of my nick name.

Coming to the form of address: before address this, do you have implemented concurrent employment or global employment in your system? what are the primary details are you inputting when you hire one person after you cross PA40 screen (actions infotype) - > this infotype changes if you have above mentioned functionalities in place.

Warm regards!

-Kanuku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Concurrent employment or global employment is not implemented for this client. Below are the details which are being input in PA40, IT0000 while a employee is being hired.

Reason for Action

Position

PA, EEG, ESG.

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting thing is,  DA works to query certain fields in one screen and create other screen., in your case, fields need to be queried in IT0002 and create IT0002. i suspect, it may not work.

Warm regards!

-Kanuku

Former Member
0 Kudos

True Kanuku, I was thinking the same but wanted to hear from the experts like you. Are there any alternatives for me?

I have lot of similar situations like this where I have to write Dynamic actions like there is one more where I have to default communication types in IT0006 based on the IT0006 subtype. I am getting so stressed out trying to find a solution for all these client requirements

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nani it0006 is different case where we have multiple records so should not b problem for. Info type it0002 case is different we have only unique records. So be cautious in taking the decision. Kanuku from I phone

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tell to client the requirement benefit of doing it vs complexity and the effort estimated. Ex it0002 case user is already in screen and had to select gender based on the form of address. It would take fraction of second to do it and not recommend to add the complexity to it. In case client still wants get this done through ABAP which needs more efforts time and adding in necessary custozation so the decision is for client to decide which one to opt for, as a consultant u say u don't recommend but still can b done . Kanuku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur feedback Kanuku. I will inform the client accordingly.

Regards

Nani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kanuku,

I spoke to the client and he is a little pushy on this dynamic action. So I tried the below code and it worked. But still wanted to get your opinion to make sure that there are no inconsistencies in the below code. Please advise.

0611****DEFAULT GENDER***
0612PT001P-MOLGA='10'
0613PP0000-MASSN='Z1'
0614PP0002-ANRED='1'
0615IMOD,0002,,,(P0000-BEGDA),(P0000-ENDDA)/D
0616WP0002-GESCH='1'
0617PP0002-ANRED='2'/X
0618PP0002-ANRED='3'/X
0619PP0002-ANRED='4'/X
0620IMOD,0002,,,(P0000-BEGDA),(P0000-ENDDA)/D
0621WP0002-GESCH='2'

Regards

Nani

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi u need to write each form of address code independently . U may test thoroughly against each expectation . - kanuku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Kanuku, I will do that.

Regards

Nani    

maddilety_kanuku
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which country you are working for ?

Warm Regards!

-Kanuku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kanuku, I am doing configuration for US.

JonathanM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

This depends on the country of the employee. Some are defaulted and some are working with table T522G.

If you want to know the detail please check the form G_ANREX of the include MP000240.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

You can use feature (PE03) 27GMS and throw out an error (E) for your country grouping when there is a conflict in form of address and gender.

I guess you can use DA to default the gender based on the FOA. Have never used it but I guess you can use the fields in IT0002

Pramod