cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dunning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have set up two dunning Areas for my company code as I have two Sales orgs assigned to this Company code.

I have assigned the Dunning Areas in SD to the respective sales org as well.

Somehow when creating invoices the dunning area does not get transfered to the FI invoice.

Ive checked this in the Billing doc with VF03 and see that in the Header the dunning area is not filled. System does not derive this from the customizing in SD

does anyone have an idea where the Problem could be.

thanks

Regards

dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved , error in table knb5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dunning as far as I am aware in a Finance tool

You are informing the customer of their outstanding balance from AR.

That balance will/ may include Finance documents such as payment, manual credit notes, part payments, all of which you wont be able to get from SD and wont be able to assign to a Sales Org.

Therefore it is recommended that you running dunning from Finance and break letters out by Company Code. A Company Code is a legal entity, and if you were to issue a legal letter, it would be on behalf of your legal entity, not 1/2 of it.

If you need to send out two letters for a single Company code, try looking at your Org structure. Why do you need to break it down like this if you only have a single CC.

Lastly, and I am not sure what version of SAP you are on, but if you are on ERP 6.0, and have document splitting active, you could write some clever ABAP, to break the AR balance into two pots, to represent your Sales Orgs, if you could clearly break out your sales Orgs by Profit Center, and all of your update rules were working OK. However, the customer may be confused, as they may have issued a cheque to you, and you have split that across your two sales orgs.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mark,

thanks for your tips. But what we have here is two sales orgs who sometimes have common customers. We are migrating from two seperate navision systems into one sap system and company code. The legal entity was always one and they consolidate outside of their legacy systems.

But i appreciate your tips reagrding all the other finance docs etc.

By the way I found my error. during migration the knb5 table did not have correct dunning Procedure.

thanks

dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Before creating Invoice we have to assign the Dunning Procedure to the respective customer/vendors in Company Code data segment Correspondence section then it will take. Check it once..

Former Member
0 Kudos

the dunning procedure is assigned to the customer

thats not the Problem

thanks

dave