cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange situation. I need to delete the dummy profit center from the system. I have tried in all possible ways, however, I am not able to succeed. Could anyone please help me how can I delete the dummy profit center.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to delete the controling area, I needed to delete the master data for it. Hence, I had a requirement to delete the dummy profit center assigned to the controlling area.

Thanks for all the support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me which version are you in, and also mention the scenario in which you are getting Dummy PC

thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the solution for the issue. Please find the steps as given below;

As I do not have any transaction data, I can do the following;

1) Deactivate the Profit Center Accounting in your controlling area.

2) Go to transaction 0KE2 and in selection screen put Dummy Profit Center

3) In test run it will give you an error but in update run it will delete the profit center.

4) Now delete your Controlling Area.

Best regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

U wanted to delete ur controlling area or your dummy profit center?

I thought u were asking about delting the dummy profit center which already contains postings.

Thank you

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat

Dummy profit center cannt be deleted from.it is the default profit center that absorbes all the information when any actual profit center is not entered. system will not allow you to do the same.

and you can create only one dummy profit center

Thank you

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

System will not allow you to delete the dummy profit center. It is a mandatory when you define your standar hirearchy. there is no way out.

Assign points if helpful