cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date Vs Factory calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

As you might know Due dates on Accounting documents are deterimine through out the Baseline Date and the payment Term.

To calculate Due date SAP uses function Determine_Due_Date to display this info ( for example on FBL5N).

The problem is that Due Date is note considering if it is a working or non working day. Is there any way to set up SAP in a way to consider Factory Calendar so to determine Due Date?.

Regards,

Federico

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephen_long
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Federico,

Interesting one.

My initial thought is why would you not want to include non working days when determining the due date?

If this is a requirement, I would suggest that you will need to customize the function module (FM) so that it takes account of non working days within the factory calendar. you will need help from an ABAP'er to do this & my feeling is it will be a bit tricky.

Sorry I can't give you the exact details but it is something that you will need to work out programmatically with your ABAP - going through de-bug, finding where in the FM the due date is calculated & seeing whether you can make it lookup the factory calender & then take account of the non working days in its calculation.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

I guess the requirement is not to exclude non-working days in calculating due date, but it is to move the due date 1 day earlier or later if the calculated due date falls on a non-working day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks steve for the quick answer. My question was releated if there is any standard way , excluding ABAP code, to do this.

I can not imagen that this is not taking into account on standard.

Looking for OSS notes I found several (949027 ,530440) related to Interest calculation and calendar but not one specifically for this issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srikanth Tamma :

That is the point no to consider a non working date and moving due date to the next working day.

Thanks

stephen_long
Explorer
0 Kudos

Federico

Ok I undertand.

Well you are doing the right thing searching OSS, but if you have found no relevant notes that would suggest to me that you will need ABAP & customize the function module. It may also be worth considering user exists at the time of posting.

Have you searched OSS for configuration of payment terms. Perhaps you can link payment terms to the factory calendar so that it excludes non working days as per the calendar?

Steve

Answers (0)