cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW Issue - Item Master UDF (Text Type)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with Item Master DTW for a UDF which is a Text Type where we can enter multi line texts.

I have no issue DTW multi line texts for the standard ItemRemark field (screenshot below).

However, I have problem with the UDF i created of the same nature. I'm getting this error (screenshot below):

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John

Whats the size of the UDF?

and did you create the template through customize template?

If you added field to existing template,don't upload it rather you can create template for structure in DTW and then import UDF with that text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamba,

The UDF is a long text field with max character of 256000.

I'm using the standard DTW item master template and just add in the UDF field to the template.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by create template for structure in DTW and then import UDF with the text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

Whenever you want to import an UDF value via DTW,you have to create a new template through create template structure.

To access

goto DTW->template(at top of the DTW screen)->create template structure->select the particular object(In your case,its item master date)->select the path for storing template.

when its done,you will get message that "Template Created successfully".

Then get it into the store template and start filling up the UDF data into that and import it through DTW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamba,

Thanks, I tried that and I'm still getting the same error.

No worries, I've decided to use the standard UserText field for the multi line remarks.