cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW-importing contacts

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client that already has their customers in the system and would like me to import their contacts from another CRM software. What is the best way to go about this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't contact details blindly without

knowing which business partner you want to update.

You can update only using oBusinesPartner template

along with ContactEmployee template.

Below are the links for sample dtw template for updating

business partner & contact employees.

"C:\Program Files\SAP\Data Transfer Workbench\Templates\Data preparation examples\20. TestCase2_Test Data for Update function\oBusinessPartners.csv"

C:\Program Files\SAP\Data Transfer Workbench\Templates\Data preparation examples\20. TestCase2_Test Data for Update function\oContactEmployees.csv"

Hope my answer will help you.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy

To import the Contact Employees through DTW, you have to have the OCRD (business partners) object as well. Unlike the address object that links BP Code, the Contact Employees links to record number. For the Business Partners template, set a record number from 1 to n for each BP you have contacts for. You will also need the BP Code. Then in the Contact Employees template use the same record number for each BP contact you want to import. In the DTW you must select the Business Partner Template and the Contact Employees Template to successfully import.

Business Partners Template:

Record Number BP Code

1 C1000

2 C1004

Contact Employees Template:

Record Number BP Code Contact

1 C1000 John

1 C1000 Mark

2 C1004 Peter

2 C1004 Kathy

and so on...

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Peter Juby

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can update contacts of business partner using DTW.

what are the contact details you want to update ?

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customers are in B1 now. I have a spreadsheet, formatted for ContactEmployees, that is ready for import. I think the problem that I'm having is I'm not sure how to tell it which customer the contact belongs to. There is no BP Code on the formatted DTW spreadsheet for contact employees.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you could export the Contact information out to Excel, you could them import them using the DATA TRANSFER WORKBENCH (DTW)

Let me know if you need further help on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the contacts in a spreadsheet and tried to use the DTW, but it's looking for a Master record, which i don't have b/c they are already in B1. How do I get around this?