cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW Error -- "Exchange Rate Not Updated"

Former Member
0 Kudos

After resolving my other document loading errors identified by the DTW, I now receive the same error for every record that I try to load for Purchase Invoices, Sales Orders and Sales Invoices. It is…

<b>Exchange rate not updated, ‘USD’ Notice: all records are rollbacked.</b>

Any idea how to fix this? I'm confused since I built the company with both Local and System Currencies as “US Dollar”, the Default Account Currency is the “Local Currency”, and the document load includes the DocCurrency field (set to "USD").

I need to get this data loaded soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

1. I think that the GL code is automatically generated upon purchase order data entry. i don't code the GL code into my xml.

2. I think if you specify the DocType to 'services' rather than goods' you might not get the error of missing item code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

an absurd question, when you imported your pricelist (item_prices.xls) you have set the currency value with USD?

If you haven't this could be the reason of your problem.

Apologizes if you did it, is for eliminate possibilities

Regards

Salvador Biot

Answers (16)

Answers (16)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issues have been resolved...

(1) The GL account must be an "expense" account. The data migration that I am performing is pulling from another system that stores these transaction in a different way. Therefore, even though the accounts from the source ERP system to B1 have been mapped correctly, I had to use a different "expense" account as the GL account associated with transactions in B1.

(2) The DocType was, indeed, necessary to handle Service-type Purchase Invoices. However, the DTW requires that the DocType value be set to '0' (for Items) or '1' (for Services). This differs from the 1-character designation stored in the database table OPCH, a 'I' (for Items) and 'S' (for Services). I would make a humble suggestion to SAP to setup the DTW accepted field values the same as are found in the database (or, at least, have a single and comprehensive resource for knowing what these accepted values should be).

and, as noted above...

(3) The DocCurrency and DocRate fields were required to load my data. I suspicion that DocCurrency is required for all loads. However, DocRate may not be since it could be set in the Exchange Rate form within B1. Since my setup used the LC as the default currency AND I am using USD for both LC and SC, I believe it was necessary for me to use the DocRate field for this load. This is another eccentricity that I would suggest SAP enclose within some sort of documentation about the DTW tool.

The use of the DTW can be significantly simplified for customers with documentation and examples on its use. The existing documentation is deficient. Otherwise, I find it a nice tool to ease the data migration process for setting up Companies.

Should anyone have further questions on my experience with this issue or other DTW-related topics, I would be pleased to reply with my experiences. My contact information is available through my profile on this site.

Kind Regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

About the GL account assignment... I must assign the GL account for each item or service since these expenses must be broken out in my reporting on these transactions. Specific GL accounts were created in the Chart of Accounts to capture this breakout expense detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set the DocRate to 1 because the exchange rate will always be 1:1 for USD to USD conversion (i.e., there is no conversion since the currency isn't being exchanged).

RE: the GL account assignment.... Then all your POs are hitting the default expense account associated with the Item Group or Warehouse (depending upon the way you setup items to be managed) to which your PO's Item No. has been assigned. Although, to what expense account would your services be assigned since this type of purchase does not have a default account?

RE: setting DocType to 'Services'... I will try this out now. I see now that the documentation on the DTW is incomplete; and, as a result, it is better to review the available columns from the tool itself. Good catch... thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What did you set your doc rate to ?(0.000)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding the DocRate did eliminate this error; however, I still have been unsuccessful in loading a single Purchase Invoice. I have been unsuccessful in overcoming two key issues:

(1) I have tried using either the AccountCode that is found in the GL screen (e.g. "21100000-01-001-01" for Accounts Paybles) or the AccountCode found within the OACT tables (e.g. "_SYS00000000048" for this same AP balance sheet account). However, both are being thrown out. What should be used? How do I define the AccountCode field for the documents being loaded?

(2) I have not defined an Item # for Service invoices since this field is not present on the GUI. However, these records are being rejected by the DTW with this error... "Item no. is missing." Further, I am not able to create an Item of type "Labor" that is a Purchase Item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your target Company setup uses Multi-Currency, then I believe you must define an exchange rate between the System Currency (SC) and Local Currency (LC) for the DocDate associated with every document. This is done using the "Define Foreign Currency Exchange Rates" screen under the Administration main menu.

My problem is that I do not have a column to set this exchange rate on this screen since I am using the "Local Currency" as my Default Account Currency (see the Company Details scree, Basic Initialization tab for this setting), as I have found when I setup a Company using Multi-Currency.

And, as noted above, I have thousands of documents with widely varying dates. Currently, I am trying to add DocRate when using the DTW (which I didn't think applied to my case). I'll let you know if this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

What is Hamdi trying to suggest in his post?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe someone from SAP could respond??? Do they think this is a bug? Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That didn't seem to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post your results. If successful, I will try the same with the Data Transfer Wizard. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scott,

I have developed a web service that imports POs. It's kind of strange because at one time I was able to add w/out using DocCurrency in my SOAP message. I'll try what you recomended. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the Data Transfer Wizard, are you using a custom-written program to perform your loading?

Thus far, I have only added the DocCurrency field to my document loads, setting it to "USD". I have not yet added the DocRate field since the documentation I have says that it is only for Foreign Currencies. Maybe I have to do this anyway????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hamdi,Scott

I am receiving the same exception, are you trying to say that I need top specify the <DocRate> or <DocCurrency> in the SOAP message

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is a bug, might I trick the DTW by loading exchange rate records into the ORTT table for all the dates that I am loading?

(While I could do this, it is a pain since I have thousands of Purchase Invoice, Sales Order and Sales Invoice documents to load with "DocDate"s that span more than a year.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hamdi, thank you for your response.

For a multi-currency Company setup, I would usually think to go to the "Define Foreign Currency Exchange Rates" screen to define the LC to SC exchange rate. And, should I have more than 2 currencies defined for the system, then this is where I would define the other exhchange rates as well (even though I'm unsure how to add more currencies beyond the LC and SC). However, I have both the LC and SC set to USD; and, the "Default Account Currency" field on the "Company Details" screen is set to "Local Currency" (not "Multi-Currency"). In this configuration, there is only one column (the day number) defined on the "Exchange Rates" tab. So, I cannot fill in a LC-to-SC exchange rate (which, of course, would have to be 1:1). At this point, I'm assuming the "Define Foreign Currency Exchange Rates" screen is functioning as expected (adding no columns for any currencies since they are all USD); and, it is the Data Transfer Wizard (DTW) that has a bug. I am assuming that the DTW has been programmed to look for an exchange rate in the ORTT table, which has no records defined in it.

If this is a known bug, I would greatly appreciate someone from SAP acknowledging this fact.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Scott You have to make sure that Document Date which Your PO,SO,Invoice A/R want to Upload through DTW , has been defined its currency value based on Document Date.

For Example If your A/R Invoice date on 9 May you have to input Your Local Currrency Exchange to System Currency on 9 May.

Hopefully Helps.

HamdiSy