cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW Automation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like to know if it is possible to automate a DTW package.

eg. I would like to create Purchase orders without the users touching DTW. A click of the button will call DTW to pick up a file and update SAP. Is this (or something similar) possible?

if not, what is possible without using the SDK?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can use DTW automation by using Xml file, here is what I quote from a EES pdf file:

In DTW 2005 we got the possibility of running the DTW from the command prompt. The command prompt can be accessed by going to Start -Run and then typing cmd. This will be shown later in the presentation If we just run the DTW.exe from the command prompt. The only thing that will happen is that the DTW will open as if you clicked its icon. So for this to be of any use to us we will need to provide the some arguments and Data to the DTW.

The argument is -s which indicates to the DTW that there is a source file expected.

The source file is in XML format. So the command should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\SAP\Data Transfer Workbench\DTW.exe" -s C:\Schedueled\BP.xml

the file can be downloaded from this link:

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000658846&_SCENARIO=011000358700000001...

the pdf file title is scheduled run.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suda/Jimmy,

Thank you both for your responses. it looks like it will do what i need. Jimmy, can you email the pdf to my address since i can't open the link. mike [dot] simpson [at] kingspan [dot] com.

many thanks,

Mike

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, I will send it today.

Rgds,

anthoni76@yahoo.com

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

DTW can be scheduled to run on a certain time.

Please read this thread

Suda