Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down list parameter

vicky_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm trying to create a crystal report which will display a number of fields based on a user inputting a catalogue number, and then selecting the batch number (with the batch number to come from a list of batch numbers available for the chosen catalogue number)

I'm using OBTN table and fields Itemcode, Itemname, Distnumber, Notes

My first parameter prompts the user to enter a catalogue number and in select expert I have {OBTN.ItemCode} = {?Catalogue number}

For the second parameter I am getting stuck with how to get the drop down list of batch numbers associated with this catalogue number

I have tried to use "batch@SELECT DISTNUMBER From OBTN" as the name for my parameter, but I'm not getting a drop down list

Also I tried a simpler report from the crystal reports manual below:

MyParameter@SELECT * FROM OITM

http://www.pioneerb1.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/How-to-work-with-Crystal-Reports-8.8.pdf

But this did not give me a drop down list

My crystal reports is Basic 2008

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky

The name is not the problem, have you selected it as static or dynamic. It must be dynamic, then create a prompt group text and link to the DistNumber field.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky

Just remembered having a problem with dynamic lists not always being selectable from inside SAP Business One, only from the Crystal Report interface directly. There is also a default setting in the windows registry that restricts the number of values returned in the drop down list. This can be changed though.

Let me know if you require further assistance with the report.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

vicky_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter

I have not worked with Dynamic Parameters before, and the example in the link above said they were "not recommended" and therefore it did not give any further information about how to use them

Do you know if there is anywhere with an explanation of how to complete the information for Dynamic parameters?

E.g. what to put in prompt group text and how to complete the data source part?

Thanks

Vicky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky

I have included a screenshot, in this my parameter is already added. In your case click on new on the left and select the DistNumber from the drop down list.

You can try and add a token once the parameter is added and tested, but as mentioned it might not work.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

vicky_williams
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Thanks for your help on this, the problem turned out to be that the dropdown lists didn't show when viewed in crystal reports, but worked when I imported the reports into SAP and ran that way.

Thanks again

Vicky

Answers (0)