Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downpayment against Capex Internal Order Asset

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

We have the requirement to have availability control for the Downpayment posted against Asset PO.

I have made settings for Downpayment Clearing A/c (not reconciliation account) in the AO90 settings.

But I am not able to create the cost element (90-statistical) for this downpayment clearing account as it is not a recon account for Assets.

If I change this account to a recon a/c for Assets, system will not accept it as a downpayment clearing account in AO90 (Asset acc determination).

Also if it is a recon account, at the time of Downpayment Posting (F-48) system says the GL cannot be directly posted as it is recon account.

Is there anything wrong from my side ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor

Hi Nikki,

1. In AO90 settings, you have to maintain the GL with recon.account under Acquisition: down payments and under Down-payments clearing account you have to maintain non-recon account.

2. Maintain the account assignment EAUFN in ACSET for the dep.area for the co.code

3. After done above settings, you can create a cost element for down payment a/c with category 90.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If I the downpayment clearing account is non-recon, I cannot create it as a Cost Element as system is saying cost element 90 can be created for Balance Sheet accounts which are asset reconciliation type.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki

You dont require Asset Down Payment Account as Catg 90 Cost Element.. Creating the APC a/c as cost element is enough

In my opinion, there is no use of updating DP in the asset accounting. Rather it is a pain. Hence, I suppress the same using below approach

1. Create a New FSG (Copy of G067) and Suppress Asset Number in this FSG

2. Assign this FSG to Vendor Recon Account and Special GL account

3. Now when you do F-47 / 48 with ref to the PO, System would give your Error F5 378..

4. Suppress it in OBA5

With this, the DP wont be updated in AA. The reason why I dont update it is depreciation in AA does not differentiate between Transaction Types. So, if you post DP, followed by Asset Acquisition and dont clear the DP, the depreciation is calculated on both DP + APC Amount

Ofcourse it gets adjusted in subsequent months once you do DP Clearing, but if it spills over into another Fiscal Year, its a Pain

Br, Ajay M

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Even I agree with your view.

Downpayment is an adjustment against future payments.

The actual payment amount is always the PO/PR Amount which will be captured against the commitment budget.

Hence I feel there is no point in checking the budget against downpayments.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

I am talking about the GL which you have maintained under Acquisition: down payments. For this account you have to create a cost element.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have no problem with downpayment account.

Issue is with downpayment clearing account.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly!! Thats what I advice my clients for

And practically if you see, PO will come first, followed by Down Payment.. So, you are anyways checking Budget at PO. So need to update DP in AA

Ajay M

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay. I am closing this thread.

Answers (0)