cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Payment in Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can create Down payments with reference to Purchase Order, the same is getting updated in the PO History. Currently we are mentioning the Downpayment requirement to the Vendor as a Text in the Purchase Order.

Is there any clear method of specifying the down payment to the vendor. I checked in Payment terms, but I failed to find the same. Now if client, wants to clearly specify the down payment in any method apart from specifying in text, then what possibilities exists.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ramakrishna Mangena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_choudhary6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask the purchasing department to first create a Downpayment Request using F-47.

Once finance receives the request then only they process the downpayment.

Unfortunately there is no other way of indicating the downpayment in the PO. However, once the downpayment is given, you may try to print it in the PO with the help of ABAPer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Any idea that the downpayments made in f-48 be reflected in PO History. Which fields to be filled in mandatory for reflecting the payments in PO History.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Ramakrishna Mangena

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can handle downpayments by installments..

First go to tcode OBB8...maintain your payment term and check the check box of installment payment...

After that go to OBB9..there you maintain your downpayment amount.

Hope this cleras.

Utsav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Utsav,

Please clarify one point, Once we activate the Installment payment in Payment terms in OBB8, then in OBB9 we need to maintain installment options.

Now in OBB9, we have both Terms of Payment & Payment Terms. So, here nothing is coming in 'Terms of Payment' as input. Can you please clarify, where from this entry will be taken and also, once we add the installment details here, will the details be displayed in Purchase Order.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Ramakrishna Mangena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Once you check the check box of installment payment in OBB8 for your payment terms, then only it will reflect in Installment payments in OBB9...

Check , this will work!

Utsav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Kindly close the thread if you got the answer.

Utsav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Utsav,

I understand that the setting we discussed will work post to the invoice processing. But I am looking at downpayments, before GR is made. Is there any other possibility

Thank you,

Regards,

Ramakrishna Mangena