cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

He Guys,

I need all configuration step for setting up document types, including assigning them numbers. in new G/L.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please use transaction OBA7 to create new document types.

Predefined document types already exist in SAP.

Hope this helps

Deepa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m sorry, I wasnt clear. I know documents are there, But I was wondering if somebody have steps written down. Especially in new G/L

Regards

Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good afternoon and greetings,

Please use the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/42/ceba575d23136ae10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Please reward points if found useful

Thanking you

With kindest regards

Ramesh Padmanabhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help,

we are using document splitting and it is activated. Now we have to define number ranges and then assign to each document type, which I have done it already. My question is that we have two views is new G/L. 1 - Entry View 2- G/L view. I took care of entry View part, but I need help with G/L view.

Also I dont have account types in document type in new G/L, I was wondering where are they.

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zameer,

Document number ranges for the GL view have to be assigned in SPRO under "Financial Accounting (New)". I don't have SAP system so am unable to give the exact path but it would be under "Ledger". You need to assign number ranges for the Leading ledger. There is no need for a new document type.

Hope this helps.

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zameer,

Document types are used to differentiate the business transactions and to manage how document are stored. This documentation describes the special procedure for setting up document types for New General Ledger Accounting.

The Steps are as follows.

SPRO>Financial Accounting(New)>Documents>Documents type>Define Documents type for Entry View/ in Ledger/GL.

Document Number Ranges:A number range must be assigned to each document type in the SAP System. Via the document types, you distinguish the postings according to the different business transactions, for example customer payment, vendor credit memo, and so on. To store documents separately according to document types, you must assign a separate number range to each document type, for example to invoices or to credit memos

For Assigning Number ranges

SPRO>Financial Accounting(New)>Documents>Document Number Ranges.

If helps, Pl assign points .

Regards

Imran Mirza