cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document type creation steps from Document management system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me the steps to follow for Document type creation in Document Management system. i am new to the Document Management system. User is asking me to create document type. What steps i need to follow.

Regards,

Mastan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
Please share the answer for your question and close the thread if you have got what you really looked for,

former_member206498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mastan,

Open DC10 transaction in change mode and click "Add New Entries" button. Ask the user whether the new document type has similarities with the existing ones and set the parameters accordingly. You can use copy function, too.

Regards,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Thank you very Much for your kind help.

I have worked on Document creation. while creation of document,i am strucking at two points.

01) I need the highleted tab in my document type. But it is not comming while creation of document. first object link tab also not came. then after that i have gone through Object link in dc10, then it is came. But the below highleted tab is not comming. i think this is customised tab or what. please guide me how to get it. if this is got, i can almost can complete my document type creation.please guide me.

02) In Document status : while document creation cv01n, i want only the status disply in scroll tab only created or work request  only,it won't show my release status in the scroll tab. if the release  status is showing in document in work request, if i am select the release  status, it is taking the release status also. Now my confusion is how system will take the status of release without Document is in work request or create status. In cv02n the status should show the release or approval whatever i have defined. Please help me.

Regards,

Mastan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help me anybody for the above point. It is urgent for me.

Regards,

Mastan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Please help me on my above strucking point. i am waiting.please help me.

Regards,

Mastan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Anybody please help me. I am waiting.

Regards,

Mastan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mastan,

For your first requirement,i think you must use a BAdI for that. Get the apt BAdI and you may use it in your transaction.

also you may take a look at the Tx- SPRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

regarding the secnd question, i think i can help you, i almost have had the same task a week before, will you please explain the second requirement little more clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i undersatnd, i think you must follow these steps,

goto Tx-  DC10select your Document Type

click on 'Define Document Status'

select your status wich you want to display at initial screen during creation in CV01N

then make the status type as 'I'

If you want 'release' only after 'created/work reuest' then enter your status variable for 'Created' in the field the 'Prev.1'  in 'Release' status configuration.

i.e let CT be the varibale for CREATED status, then enter CT in the field Prev.1 while defining the RELEASE status

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mastan,

Please check the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35058

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnendu Das,

Thank You very Much,

The Document is giving a very good knowledge on DMS. Thank You. With this Document only i understood the Link DMS with Production orders and material master and bom and production scheduling profile.

But I ahve strucked in two points. i have mentioned with screenshots in Julian reply. please guide me.

Regards,

Mastan.

former_member184666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramagiri

Thank You very Much,

The Document is giving a very good knowledge on DMS. Thank You. With this Document only i understood the Link DMS with Production orders and material master and bom and production scheduling profile.

But I ahve strucked in two points. i have mentioned with screenshots in Julian reply. please guide me.

Regards,

Mastan.