Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Splitting - Bank and Customer Invoice

athaus_zehrang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have document splitting method 0000000012 and under that Business transaction 1000 i have created a new transaction variant for the client specific requirment

Further for this combination i have linked item category 04000 for bank accounts with all categories attached to it and 02000 for Customer accounts with revenue attached to it

Now when i pass a customer invoice for profit center A and when i clear this using F-28 giving profit center B, the system is inheriting Profit Center A form customer invoice and for the bank line item it is split according to the base row which is Customer invoice hence both item reflects profit center A and profit center B which is keyed in totally ignored

My client requires that the inheritance from customer invoice needs to be ignored and the profit center needs to be updated as per manual entry. hence the entry should like the following

Bank Dr Profit center B

To Customer Cr Profit Center B

Profit Center Clearing A/c Dr Profit Center A

To Profit Center Clearing A/c Cr Profit Center B

I have not given automatically split tick in any of the linked categories

Please advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

athaus_zehrang
Participant
0 Kudos

PC is defaulted when there is not field for defaulting the same, in this case we are entering the same in the initial screen. Also the PC is dynamic since more than one PC is using this bank account and hence we cannot default the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood the concern. see whether the changeable is allowed for Profit Center field in OB32

YJ

athaus_zehrang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

It was possible for us to input the profit center in f-28/f-53 in the initial screen itself but when simulating the transaction the PC from original invoice is getting updated. you can check this in the expert mode in the general ledger simulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you not updated the Default PC's for the bank GL's in 3KEH. Do this settings and execute the scenario once again and let me know if the error is still there.

YJ

athaus_zehrang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used both the inheritance option, still issue not resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athaus,

You are just clearing the Customer existing line item in F-28, chances of changing the profit center by automatically in customer transaction while clearing the document is impossible. Please check is anyone changing the data manually while clearing of it.

YJ

former_member765905
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Go to the below Path: IMG -- Financial Accounting (New) -- General Ledger Accounting (New) -- Business Transactions -- Document Splitting Activate Document Splitting

Here you need to UN-select the Inheritance Check box.

Inheritance: Indicator is not set ('UN-Select Check box ')

Lines can be left without account assignments, even if the document splitting characteristics in the document are unique. Exception: You have set the Standard Account Assignment indicator.

Inheritance: Indicator is set ('Select Check box ')

Indicator is set('X')

If the rule-based document splitting produces lines without account assignments, these lines inherit the document splitting characteristics.

Regards,

GK

SAP

athaus_zehrang
Participant
0 Kudos

I have also ticked "No inheritance of account assignments" but still profit center is inheriting from invoice