cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document numbering series problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a problem while searching any marketing document based on the series number.

eg if sales quotation has  series number as 10001,then while searching in the find mode i will get the details of 3 years .

As we have 3 years data. The series numbering format is same.Even i have tried using prefix but when we filter and search,the prefix will not appear.

Is there any way to get the current year data please let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Darshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Darshan,

Because you have used same number range for different years, you may only restrict your search result to current year by select series first before enter the number you want to search.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

Thanks for the reply. Yes that would be the better option to search the actual data you want .

Thanks & Regards

Darshan Desai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are searching a document only by 'Document No' then all the documents of the same number for all financial years will show.  Have you defined any 'Series' for the document...if yes you can use this Series along with the No

eg  for AR Invoice you can search "INV1314" -"10001"...then you will get the document of this year only.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have defined the series and by giving that as inv1314-10001, we will get the present one. But when we go to find mode and search only the series no as 10001 , I will get 3 years records.

My question is for next financial year coming when the end users want to search for the present year SQ/SO they would be getting all previous years records also.

So for the next FY , is there any different way I can number the series so , when end users search in the find mode they get only present one .There is no option entering any symbols also.

Please find the attached pic as where I want to enter it

Thanks & Regards

Darshan Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mr.Gordon says....you have used the same number range for every year..this will happen.

Next year when you define the numbering series you can give "INV14-15"-"10001"....so when you want to find a document for the FY 1415 then put search as "INV14-15"-"10001"...This will be easy...

Hope above helps.

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply

Regards

Darshan Desai