cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS:Original file path overriding configuration ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Running 4.6c. We use vault method for originals. We have configured data carrier type "Server,frontend" -> PC and are maintaining a path as c:\ for the temporary files. We also have configured 'frontend computers' by putting in the entry as 'Default' data carrier.

Example: Using CV01N, one person Bob, creates a DIR - 100, checks in the original into the vault and saves the DIR. When another person Frank, using CV02N opens DIR - 100, tries to change the original, there is a pop-up with two fields: 1. Data Carrier (blank with a drop down option) and 2. Original: displays the full path of the first person's PC as C:\Document and Settings\Bob\SapWorkDir\<temp. file name>.

Issue-we get a 'ftp:subcommand local error' for Frank when trying to access the original. We also observed that sometime, it would actually create the path C:\Document and Settings\Bob\SapWorkDir\<temp. file name> for Frank on Frank's PC!!

Is the original overriding the configuration? Should it not create the temporary file in C:\ as we have configured in DC20?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Appreciate your helpful input for my query. I tried setting up the profile and have a couple of questions:

1. Define profiles -> Determine definitions for applications. Is the 'Work Directory' the field to configure the path e.g C:\?

2. Since we have the vault configured, I assume that I use the vault value in the Define profiles -> Determine definitions for applications -> Storage Category

3. Define profile -> Determine definitions for applications -> Default values, does anything need to be checked. There are three attributes Display, Print and Display in WWW.

Would appreciate if you can clarify the above.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes, working directory is the field to configure the path. We normally use something like C:\DMSTEMP to allow the user to differentiate it from their normal temp directory.

2. Yes

3. Only select this option if you intend using a default view application with multiple file types in the DIR. I.e. if you have a CAD file and a PDF rendering of it, and you only want end users to view the PDF copy, you can set PDF at default and while in display mode on the PDF will appear. If there is no PDF all files will be displayed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is configured in the profiles. You can also specify the default storage location as well.

SPRO - Doc Management - General Data - Profiles