cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division (gsber) using FB01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hope you can help me about my following doubt. I am posting documents using FB01, two items with general ledger accounts (no auxiliary module). The issue / question is:

- First item: I indicate the division field.

- Second item: The division field is empty (I do not want division on here)

When I simulate & post the document the system posts the document refilling both items with the same division (the second item copies the division from the first one).

So, my question is, is this operative right? are there any point in customizing where I can indicate if the system must copy the division?

I have tried to post a document with three items:

1. First item with Division "a" indicated.

2. Second item with Division "b" indicated.

3. Third Item without Division.

With this example, the system posts the document with the third item empty. (I have checked all substitutions).

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a substitution rule has been defined for an account then whenever posting to such GL account is made, system substitutes the value according to the definition irrespective of whether you define the related information or not in respective data field/column. If you have access to such configuration then you can check such setting to better understand the logic behind the scene. If it is there then there should be some reason.

Thanks,

Naseem

Edited by: M.Naseem on Apr 25, 2011 8:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the TC OKB9 as well!

Regards

Masoud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you post a document in a CoCd in FB01. Your CoCD. might contain some divisions which would be posted automatically according to your Division-->CoCD cofigurations. You my create a substitution in order to post an Inter-Division document.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Masoud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

looks like you are using newGL and inheritance is active. Thus division is inheritated in the first case (as it is unique what must be inheritated) but not in the second case (as t can't be determined if division 'a' or 'b' should be inheritated.

best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but I´m not using New GL. We´re 4.7.