cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dividing GC results by Thousands and Rounding

Eyal_Feiler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all - is there a solution within GR for dividing and rounding thousands? I didn't see one.

I recall with BCS it was a step in translation as part of rounding. Otherwise the rounding work shifts to the report presentation and messy balancing due to rounding diffs.

In implementation where the financial booklet is used we can change the scaling for presentation - at least for viewing without rounding.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Eyal

View Entire Topic
Florian_Roll
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal,

beside the already mentioned option to divide in analytics you could also use the currency translation (CT) in group reporting. I would assume this approach would be very similar to the BCS approach you mentioned.

The main differences would be
- analytics solution does not change the numbers on the database, i.e. in case there is the need for a higher precision the division can be removed. The CT approach would apply the factor as part of the translation, i.e. the exchange rate would contain the factor. With this the result is stored on the database and there is no option to get back to a higher precision.

- rounding is part of the CT. Selections can be defined, compared, and the difference can be posted to an FS item being part of one selection's data range, achieving a rounded result. The prerequisite for this is that the rounding condition is met in local currency.

- analytics is based on GC, whereas CT is based on LC. Hence adjustment postings in GC would need to be done in thousands, and again the precision is lost.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Florian

Eyal_Feiler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Returning to the question – I created a translation ratio for 2 currencies of 1000:1 (AVG and CLO exchange Rates 1:1) so that the GC result includes the decimal.

If we want a rounded result like column F from currency translation or another Group Reporting solution is that possible?

I reviewed the 3 rounding steps and they make sense but they don’t activate in this example since the translation result coming into GC is balanced. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Eyal

Eyal_Feiler_0-1713447341490.png