cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Material Field in line item for Document Posting - FB01, FB03, FB60 ?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to display material (MATNR) field in FB01 in line items, I have made the MATNR as 'opt. entry' from 'suppress' in OB41 against the posting key 31 (Vendor Invoice) but still the line item doesn't display the matnr field.

I also tried to maintain special variants in O7R3 but still no use.

Give some inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manage the display of the field in the field status group of account and of posting key. You can also maintain your own screen dynpro in SPRO, Financial Accounting Global Settings:

• Define Field Status Variants (also FS0n to update accounts)
  • Define Posting Keys (also OB41, from detail click on Maintain Field Status)
  • Define Subscreens for Coding Blocks (also OXK1, user range start at 9000)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

I need to see and fill the material field in FB01 line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkastesh,

If you expect to input Material Field, It depends on GL Account's Field Status Group.

Please open t-code FS00 then you can see Field Status Group in Create/Bank/Interest tab and double-click and see "Additional account assignments" tab then you change Material Number is to be optional.

Regards,

Yance

0 Kudos

Hi Yance Ciputra,

I already made this, i made the material as opt. entry and also tried req. entry but the field doesnt appear in FB01.

Don't know the reason why it is not appearing, i am not sure what i am missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

You can see Material Field in "More" Button.

Regards,

Yance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Have you got the answer yet?

I just remember one thing that you need to know.

Material Field is Hidden/Required/Optional depends on Field Status Group.

The field status group can be setting in Posting Key and GL Account.

If you said before that you already set Material Field as Optional in GL Account, but It was still not displayed in FB01.

Better you check the setting for Field Status Group in Posting Key that you will use.

My guess, your setting is still Hidden for material Field in Posting Key.

So, if the status of Hidden in Posting Key and Optional in GL Account then system will be Hidden in FB01.

Regards,

Yance

0 Kudos

Hi,

I made it both as opt. entry but not able to see the field in FB01.

Especially i need it compulsorily for posting key 31 line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Why do you need to input Material in Posting Key 31 (which is Vendor Account)? It rather not makes sense. What happened if there are more than one material for one Vendor account ? May be that is the reason that SAP to disable Material field in Posting Key 31 (Vendor account).

Does your system implement the New GL and use the Profit Segment as inherited based? If yes, May be your Profit Segment will input Material Number in your expense account, so You don't need to input Material Number in Vendor Account, and Your Vendor Line Item will be separated by Profit Segment in table FAGLFLEXA (which is to be inherited from expense account) not in BSEG.

I think that your FI Consultant is more to understand than me.

Regards,

Yance

0 Kudos

Any More inputs please

pavan_kumar18
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Bring all the fields in the layout in FB01:

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

0 Kudos

How about in FB01 please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Please use the change layout in grid's toolbar :

Then move Material field from left side to right side.

Then choose save layout.

Regards,

Yance

former_member202771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

In top-right of line item window, if I remember there will be an icon for choosing the columns to be displayed.

Can you please check if we can display matnr in this setting. Sorry no SAP access. screenshot is from google.

Thanks,

Anil

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your response, i can find the material field there in FB60, but i want to see in FB01 line item while document posting or in FB03