cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Description only ComboBox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In Standard Form, we saw one Value ,(Description or Value). When I try to User Form , It does not Show. Why ? Is it Possible to Show Data Description only.

I Used DISPLAYDESC= TRUE Option , It works only after select Data ,Description only displayed in the ComboBox.

EG:

In BP MASTER  >>  IN USER CODE Field ,data displays only User Code not User Name.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183373
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmi,

Setting DisplayDesc attribute to True is correct way. However, in some cases you may have to set the property manually in code by writing "myComboBox.Item.DisplayDesc = true;" under the OnInitializeComponent() class to trigger the property.

Also about your examples. User Code won't display User Name as description because they are two different fields. They don't have Value/Description relationship between each other. To display the User Name you have to add another TextBox and bind it.

And note that Value and Description are attributes of a single column. When you set DisplayDesc attribute to True for a TextBox or ComboBox this means that item will be displaying the Description of the bounded DataSource field.

Best Regards,

Atilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your Reply. Normally, We need to Set Value and Description in ComboBox , suppose  ,If you are set One Value . It may through Error.Am i correct?

former_member183373
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmi,

Simply your field should be as below otherwise the filed values will not be having a description to display.:

If it is system field like User Code / User Name you have to display it in a different TextBox.

Thanks,

Atilla

Answers (0)