Our Company is Project Industry. We have implmented SAP ECC 6.0 in 2008 with SD, FI, MM, PP, QM, PS, DMS modules.
In our case 70% Deliveries to customer are from direct dispatch from our vendor to Client. Steps are as follows.
1. Buyer issues PO to vendor for direct dispatch to customer. After readiness of material vendor gives Inspection call to Buyer.
2. Buyer creates inspection notification using T-code QM01.
3. Quality department visit the vendors place, inspect the material & clears the inspection notification.
4. After acceptance of material, Project Execution issues Dispatch instructions to vendor with PO No. & Item details. This is Outside SAP in MS word.
5. Vendor Supplies the material to Customer based on dispatch instructions.l
6. After receipt of dispatch document from vendor, Buyer creates Goods Receipt w.r.t. Purchase order in MIGO. We have Put ABAP check for GR creation to check Accepted Quantity of Inspection notification of that PO line item.
Now our Management wants to Implement above Step No. 4 of creation of dispatch instructions in SAP. At the time of creation dispatch instructions, system shall check if inspection notification is created & allow the creation for accepted PO line item quantity in the notification & only after the inspection notification is closed in SAP . Dispatch instructions should have information such as PO No., Line item no., Material Code, Material Description & quantity to be dispatch, Vendor Name, Project Name.
As per my knowledge in Standard SAP Dispatch Instructions Process is not there.
Request you to give your valuable opinion.
dispatch instructions can be put into a long text at header or item level, just depends if they are item specific or apply to all items of the PO.
if you do this after the initial PO creation, then this is a PO change and you can print the PO changes as an extra message and send to your vendor.
checking if inspection notification is created has to be made via user exit.