cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disintegration of the material while doing GRN

Former Member
0 Kudos

We receive the material in the Container Boxes and charged for the whole box.

Each Box in turn contains 2000 different raw materials in predecided quantity.

How can we establlish a scenarion in which we will do the GRN of the whole Box but the inventory of the 2000 raw materials in the box will get updated as per the predecided quantity.

E.g Each box conatins 3 raw materials (RM1, RM2 and RM3) in quantities as follows

RM1 -- 20 Nos

RM2 -- 5 Nos

RM3 -- 1 EA

Now when I do the GRN for the Box my inventory for the Box goes up by 1

Material Stock

Box 1 Ea

RM1 0 Nos

RM2 0 Nos

RM3 0 Ea

Now what to do to convert this one box into different raw materials like following

Material Stock

Box 0 Ea

RM1 20 Nos

RM2 5 Nos

RM3 1 Ea

regards,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you get 2000 materials in one box is more a less a logistics decision of your vendor.

to get 2000 stock updates, you have to order 2000 materials in a PO and have to receive 2000 materials in MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen L

Creating a PO with 2000 line items and doing the GRN for the same would be cumbersome process for MM as well as FI documents.

Cant we take help of the BOM, as we do in the case of Subcontract PO??

regards,

Akshay

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hard do give a recommendation without knowing the full picture. I do not know in which industry you work and do not know how you plan and manage your materials.

I use MRP planning and even with manual planning I would know that I am short for a certain material , but why should I order another 1999 materials then?

am I authomatically short for the other 1999 materials too? and if so, why do you need to store it as single items and not just as a set?

And if you do a manual order process without any MRP, then jsut create one order manually and next time copy the order and you are done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

We are working in Aerospace industry.

We receive a kit containing all the required 2000 parts for manufacturing a single aircraft.

Our order and prices are dealt in Kits and not in the component parts. So we creat a PO for the required no of Kits and receive the materials as kits. Then we open the kit and store the 2000 components in seperate bins in the stores.

Now to GRN will always be for the X no of Kits. The issue is how to convert this GRN of X no of kits into proportinate no of components, so that we can monitor the inventory of the components.

Currently we do it manually. We are now switching to SAP. How to handle the same in SAP now??

regards,

Akshay

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Im not sure you can handle this with standard procurement process...

Yu can try a few work arounds though... You Purchase the Material w.r.t KITs, and after the GRn, you can Show a material -to-material Transfer (309 movement in MB1B) : eg:

0.25 Kit ->1 RM1 ,

.25 KIt-> 1 RM2

0.25 KIT -> 1 RM 3

0.25 KIT -> 1 RM4 .

, you will have a hard time though in Apportioning the 1 Kit to a number of Rms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi.or.raj,

We also thought of the same solution, but the proportion of 1: 2000 will run into fractions of 3 to 4 digits, which will be an issue itself!! (as you said)

still searching for the viable solution,

regards,

AKshay