cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable print,save button in salary slip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to disable the print, save button in Salary slip in ESS. I understand the complexity involved and these buttons come from client side installed acrobat reader software.

Please throw some light, if it is possible. Thanks for inputs in advance.

Regards,

Anil Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Like Suresh said, IF_EX_XSS_REM_INTERFACE~DEFINE_PRINTBUTTON_STATUS is the method to use for the PRINT button. There is no baDI for the 'Save' button functionality as far as I know.

But you have the option to serve up the statement as a smartform. What is the use of the adobe if you are disabling the save and print, anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ozgur/Suresh,

Thanks for the inputs. Will check and get back. I am aware that;s its a smartform being converted into PDF at runtime using FM/report.

The problem is we are implementing ESS/MSS for Indian customer and they want to avoidf this facility of saving, printing the salary statement from ESS due to some policies constraint.

Furthermore if the save button is not disabled, we will trying write an custom coding to output this smartform to display the employee salaryslip. or simply publish the ITS transaction pz11 into Portal.

Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you can try from personalization

Let say, you would like to do personalization for india Salary slip scenario.

Please make sure that you do personalization at role level.

Logon with super admin role.

Content admin-> portal content->... ->employee self service > roles->xx ess role->open.

Open persinfo india Salary slip scenario and then preview it.

Select the field you would like to personalize.

Now Press control + right click.

Set as invisible Yes and set it as final.

Apply and ok.

Now for all ess users assigned with role "xx ess role" your personalization will work.

Edited by: Vivek D Jadhav on Jun 17, 2009 12:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said earlier, through webdynpro iview personlization is not possible.

These buttons come from acrobat reader software installed in each of the local machines. The salary slip iview allows is limited to personlize the webdynpro buttons, but not the acrobat reader;s button.

Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a Adobe settings ..I can't think so you can do it permanently ....

But yes if you want it to do temporary basis .

Then once the system display "Salary Statment" then togo toolbars ( just where you can see the save , print ect options ) then right click select option "Hide toolbars". it will hide the toolbar..

If you have better idea on this please let me know .

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the DEFINE_PRINTBUTTON_STATUS Method in the BAdI XSS_REM_INTERFACE to disable the Print Button.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I have check it ....This is good option ....

Good reply Suresh .