cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digits after decimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends

i want to increase the number of digits after decimal places , so where is the setting of this reqmt. I have tried in change of unit of measurement but no result.

eg. i want to change my qty figure in BOM from 12.231 to 12.2314

but it is not accepting the 4th digit after decimal so pls guide.

thnx

rgds

Amitabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible as I am aware

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amitabh,

<b>As per my understanding I think in standard SAP decimal places are allowed only

upto 3 places.I dont think CUNI will give some effect in the front end.</b>

IF you get a

soultion for this,please share with us.

<b>If useful reward points</b>

Please check & revert.

Regards

Mangal

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabh,

As per my understanding we need to make changes in field Decimal pl. rounding also.....

Please do that and then let us know whether that solves your requirement...

Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just go to the CUNI transaction, there you can find the UOM tab. press the tab, and it will go to the detailed screen, ther you can change the decimal places upto your requirement.

Try and comeback

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Rajesh,

i tried that option but my purpose is not resolved.

can u elaborate on that settings in CUNI so i can verify i have done the settings correct or no.

thnx rgds

Amitabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the initial screen of CUNI, first select the item for which the unit of measurement to be changed. For example for changing KG select mass.

Click the unit of measurement.

Now u select the UOM for which u want to increase the no. of decimal places.

Click display.

Under the Tab " DISPLAY", enter the no of decimal places in the box against "DECIMAL PLACES"

SAVE.

Regards

Kannan

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can also, you costing and pricing lot sizes.

We work with very small quanties - .023gm per 1000 pieces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i did not get you?

Are you telling is it possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try and change the deicals, if it does not get you what you want then, Look into the lot, pricing and costing sizes

Instead of a BOM for 1 piece that requires 12.231; change to BOM that say to make 100 pieces 1223.14 is required.

I have engineers who have done this in two different companies and the production planners are happy with the material requirements generated and the product costing folks are happy with the costs that are generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but that does not change the decimal place !!!!!!!!!, that was your initial requirement to make it 4 decial

Message was edited by:

Rajesha Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

The stated requirement was:

i want to change my qty figure in BOM from 12.231 to 12.2314

but it is not accepting the 4th digit after decimal so pls guide.

In two manufacturing facilities where the original need was more decimal points for more <b>accurate product cost</b> and for the <b>correct material requirement</b> - my solution worked fine, and both have been using it for over 5 years.

If the requirement here is not helped by this solution, then other suggestions are still needed.

althea