cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have two questions to be answered and many points to be awarded !!

Question1:

We have defined one document type SOF (Software), this document type is used on 2 different products (Product1, Product2) in a Plant.

We have defined the Product Types under classification for this document type. The approval has to be through Digital Signature. 4 people (A, B, C, D) are involved in approval process. A, B (serial) for approval of Product1, C, D (serial) for approval of Product2...... We defined a Digital Signature Group: SOF_APPROVAL and assigned 4 Individual Signatures i.e. assigned person A to Ind_Sig1, person B to Ind_Sig2, person C to Ind_Sig3, person D to Ind_Sig4

and then created 2 strategies, Strategy1(Ind_Sig1, Ind_Sig2) & Strategy2(Ind_Sig3, Ind_Sig4)

Now thing is I want to use Stategy1 when I select Product1 in classification when creating a SOF document, and Strategy 2 when I select Product2 for approval.

What is the best method by which it can be achieved. Under SPRO while defining Doc type, I can enter only one Strategy there? What is the way around?

Question2:

Is there a one to one relation between the Individual signature and the Digital Signature Group.

For example lets say there is a Drawing Checker Dig Sig Group (Draw_Check_Group), which has 2 individual signatures assigned to it, one for electrical (ELEC_Draw_Checker) and other for mechanical(MECH_Draw_Checker), and respective user id of the checker is assign to the signatures. Am I correct to say this?

Thanks,

Paddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Thanks for the reply. Even I felt there is no std functionality avaliable for this.

Regards,

Paddy.

• Any additional info on the same are welcome from the experts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any updates on this?

Basically I want to use the classification for the product types and then use them to attach to a specific signature stragegy, so that I need not to create many doc types based on the routing for the signatures.

Thanks,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any updates?

Thanks,

Paddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personally I would use a single signature for this and use workflow to manage the multiple approvals using a single signature strategy. What would we normally use is workflow to bounce the document back to the previous status until all the signatures have been made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Athol !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Athol!!

0 Kudos

Hi paddy,

w.r.t first question as far i know we cannot assing multiple sign stats. but there is a solution, we can use form routine field of the document status screen for the document type SOF.i.e. write a program for dynamically assining Signstat to the document based on the object link value (i.e. for product1 assing value signstat1 etc at runtime.) and call this program if the doc type is of SOF.

while changing the status of a document this program is called and the program will check the product type and appropriate sign stat is assigned to the signstat at runtime.

thanks,

surya