cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Overhead % For Different Material Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using an overhead % to include scrap in out standard cost. However, we only want this overhead to be calcualted for finished materials (FERT) not semi-finished (HALB).

If I undertstand correctly I have to create 2 different Costing Sheets linked to 2 different Costing Variants. Is this correct?

Also, where do I link the Costing Variant to Materials or Material Types.

Thank you

Gill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have overhead groups and assign these in the materials. Based on overhead groups you can calculate overheads separately.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

use the "origin group" (material master costing view 1). This allows to add different OVH% for materials that are posted with the same cost element but different origin groups.

The way is: Define origin groups, assign them to materials in material master, define costing sheet baslines based on the combination of cost element / origin group, define OVH% lines based on these different baselines (as per your need).

For your example it can look like that:

All FERT materials have origin group 1234 in baseline 12, all HALB have origin group 2345 in baseline 23 and use the same cost element forconsumption posting.

So you can calcluate one overhead for baseline 23, a different one for baseline 12 and (if needed) a overhead for both baselines.

Best regards, Christian

Edited by: Christian Ortner on Jul 23, 2010 11:41 AM