Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different GL for BSX for same material code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a requirement as below,

We will get one material out of work order using 262 mvmt type, This material code will be of 2 cases... either might be coming out after repair or because we are taking this spare part by dissembling the other material. Now i need to manage these 2 cases with 2 different GL accounts. Can i achieve this even by creating new mvmt type which is copy of 262 ? Here we want 2 Inventory GL's (BSX) for same material code.

Regds,

Channa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quite same scenario has been discussed many times in SCN.

There are no option to use account modifier for BSX transaction key. So different movement type can't resolve your issue.

If you are using these two scenarios for same plant, then there are only one option to achieve this and that is split valuation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patra,

I wanted a confirmation before committing to my customer, thanks

Channa

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read my blog post

This blog post can give you an elucidation how the standard design works and even how your can use custom enhancement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are creating a new mvmt type which is copy of 262 as Z62- you also need to create another new mvmt type which is copy of 261 as Z61.

To post 2 Inventory GL's (BSX) for same material code, you can use valuation grouping code concept. Refer

Regards,

Biju K