cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different behaviour for manually vs. automatically created shop orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

depending on how I create a shop order, ME behaves different at the assembly point activity.

I set up a the BOM "P-109-1-1/H" as current version. For some of the components I set the assembly operation to "50000233-1-0-0040" and the assembly data type to "INV_SFC". For those components I also created trackable SFCs.

Now, when I create a shop order manually everything works fine. At operation "50000233-1-0-0040" I call the assembly point activity and a window pops up for component selection and assignment of an SFC.

When I create the shop order automatically thru SAP PP (LOIPRO) it works different. First of all, the order gets automatically assigned to the BOM "60003889-P-109-1-1/H-1". I assumed that this is a true copy of "P-109-1-1/H". But when I get to the operation "50000233-1-0-0040" the assembly point activity call will not execute. It merely posts the message "All components assembled at this operation". However, by looking to the as built summary, it shows that no components are assembled.

When I change the BOM for this shop order to "P-109-1-1/H" thru the change production activity it works fine again.

Given this scenario, I assume that the BOM "60003889-P-109-1-1/H-1" is not set up correctly. However, this BOM/Vers. is created automatically and is not stored under BOM Maintenance. Thus I can't see what the actual setting looks like.

So can someone explain, what actually happens when the BOM "60003889-P-109-1-1/H-1" gets created? Is it a copy of "P-109-1-1/H"? Can I view it somewhere? Is there any other system or site rule that influences the creation/copy of BOMs?

Hope someone can help,

Georg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Georg,

if you can't see the BOM in BOM Maintenance, it can be a release-specific BOM which is created as a copy of some existing BOM during Shop Order release. Not sure about LOIPRO, but without integration this feature is controlled by "Create Shop Order BOM on Release" system rule.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use activity WIP BOM reconfiguration by SFC or Shop order to review your BOM's details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi German,

your hint was very helpful. Using that activity I could actually see the BOM and confirm that it differs from the current version in ME.

The solution to my problem however, is changing the system rule "Ignore BOM Update" to the value "true". The creation of a new shop order through the SAPMEINT interface (LOIPRO) apparently ignores the changes to the BOM made in ME, but instead creates a new BOM version. Unfortunately the new BOM version uses the same version extension as the current version appended with "-1". That led me to the wrong track, that it would be a copy of the current version...

thanks for your help.

Georg

Edited by: Georg Peters on Jul 29, 2010 1:01 PM