cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between TR and posting change no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am new in SAP WM , I want to know the difference between Transfer Requirements and Posting Change number ....

Thanks & Regards,

Atul Mohod

Edited by: Atul Mohod on Jul 26, 2010 5:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

a Posting Change Notice (PCN) can be considered a very specific 'type' of Transfer Requirement (TR). When a Usage Decision is made for an Inspection Lot in QM this updates the status in IM and also generates a PCN for update of the status at the Warehouse level. The PCN is to send the material to a specific Storage Type with one status and then back (same Bin) with the new status.

TRs are more general in ttheir use and can be created for a number of reasons e.g. need to put goods away in Warehouse or pick for Production or Outbound Delivery. They can be generated with reference to IM material documents or directly in WM if required.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nick...

But I am still confused.. Can you please give me some more examples for PCN no. ? As per my understanding , whenever I move the stock from 'Blocked stock' to 'Unrestricted stock' in WM managed storage location then only PCN no. is generating.

We are not using QM in our company.

Thanks & Regards,

Atul Mohod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without QM it's still the same basic principle. If you update the status in IM you need to reflect this at WM level and this is done via PCNs. The start and end status don't matter, if the status is updated, a PCN is generated.

Just look at any document created for a status update at IM level. Go to the WM tab and note the PCN number. Use tx LU03 to view the PCN. Select Processing Status and you can see the TO (assuming converted). Use tx LT21 to view the TO, you will see transfers to and from the dedicated Storage Type 922 (for these types of status update moves). Note the material is at the original statuis on the transfer to 922 and has the new status on the transfer back.

Regards,

Nick

Answers (0)