Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MB51 and MB5B

manmohanmittal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear,

When I run report MB51(Material document for material) for a material/plant and posting date system shows me 6 document posted however when I run report MB5B (Stock on posting date) for same material/plant and selection date for a year it shows me only 2 documents, can anyone know the differences between these 2 reports if any.

Regards,

Manmohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MB5B is exclusively for getting the stock of a material on any given date..

where as MB51 will give the material documents for a particular material ( all the movements that the materials have undergone).

THis is the only difference.. And if possible can u please elaborate on what you have observed as the difference between the two transactions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MB51 is not exactly a report in real sense, however you can get the details of all the movements transacted over a specified period. You can not refer the valuation out this out put as a FI reference and basically it helps you to track the quantity and othere details like special stock for example sub stock.

Where as MB5B is a dynamic report and can always referred for its valuation details in FI, that is closing stock and opening stock, closing value and opeing value.

former_member659143
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MB51Material Document list : It will provides stock details including special stock (subcontracting) where the MB5BStock on posting date ,this will not show you the special stock (Subcontracting) .

Thanks,

AMIT

former_member433442
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope MB51 wil give the report including transfer posting (where no accounting document created), where as in MB5B will produce the report of material douments only which have accounting documents.

Kindly check the documents as suggested above and revert back.

Regards,

Prabu

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

MB51 provides special stock (subcontracting) where as this you cannot see in MB5B. Compare both the reports for a material and you will get the details.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In MB5B - Stock type you might have selected storgae location / Batch stock

It will show the material documents pertaining to Particular storgae location.

In MB51 - It will show the sub contracting stock also

Check it out.

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without giving date in both transactions , you will get the same reports.

Regards,

abi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

Execute MB5b & Mb51 without giving date inputs. The system give same results.

Regards