cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between field staus group for posting key and GL account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anyone tell me what is the difference of usage for field status group in posting key and GL account as i notice the fileds are the same. during data entry, system will check both field status or how?

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Both are to control the field status of the line item.

But, the FSG of the Posting Key and the GL FSG status should not clash like below.

Take 'Assignment' field as example :

Posting key FS - Suppress & GL FS - Required - will give you error message at the time of posting

Posting key FS - Required & GL FS - Suppress - will give you error message at the time of posting

Otherthan the above, all other combination works

VVR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

meaning to say the setting should be the same for FSG in posting key and gl acc?

eg. FSG PK - assignment field = optional & FSG GL acc - assignment field = optiional

thanks.

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

As per my knowledge making changes in Posting key at client level. Making changes in field status group is at company code level. because of field status changes in posting key will get that impact on all the company codes in that server. By making changes at field status group only the company code to which this field status variant is attached will get affected.

Please some add some more points.

Regards,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. FSV is created and assigned to company codes. What ever company codes assigned to the same variant will get affected by a change in the variant.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok..thanks