cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ERP 5.0 and ERP 2004, kernel version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dose ERP 5.0 and ERP 2004 ECC 5.0 are same?

Is yes, Which version of kernel does ERP 5.0 uses?

Thanks,

Nagarjuna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I am not 100% up-to-date, but I believe that ECC5.0 is part of ERP2004. So it should be no difference and the 6.40 basis(kernel) release.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

ECC 5.0 is the core for ERP2004. ERP2004 includes ECC 5.0, CRM and SRM. All will run on WAS 7.0

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ECC 5.0, which is just one component of mySAP ERP 2004, runs on a Netweaver '04 (ABAP WAS 6.40) kernel, not 7.0.

-Daniel

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

mySAP ERP 2004 does not include mySAP CRM and mySAP SRM. In addition it runs on SAP NetWeaver '04 release (SAP NetWeaver AS 6.40) which is included with mySAP ERP 2004.

ECC is also included in the mySAP ERP 2004, it is the core and usually the minimum installation.

Yes: we renamed SAP Web AS to SAP NetWeaver AS.

Cheers,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I am learning SAP at the moment and do not have access to the SAP Service Marketplace and Product availability Matrix. I wish to know which is the latest version of SAP with its features and Differentiators.

I also wish to know the difference between ECC 5.0 MySap and SAP 4.7. I am totally confused.

Please help at the earliest

Nitin Dutta

mail2nitin_dutta@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Here you go

• SAP R/3 or SAP R/3 Enterprise - is the good old SAP up until the release of 4.6c.. I believe 4.7 is powered by WebAS, but i could be wrong. (If i am wrong then you could add 4.7 here, else in the next category)

• mySAP ERP is the "newer" ERP with numbering conventions like ECC (which stands for ERP Central Component) 5 or 6

• mySAP (aka mySAP.com) Business Suite contains Solutions like CRM, SCM etc. The important thing to note here is that this contains mySAP ERP, the one above

• mySAP All-in-One Solution is designed for smaller companies (the ad that says SAP is not just for large companies but for great companies where the above mentioned functionality is scaled down and is made to run on one database on a PC type of setup as opposed to the full blown architectures on which SAP traditionally set to run

Another aspect in terms of differences is that while the older SAP had a thick client, most of the "newer" SAP (i.e mySAP solutions) are web-based, ie the client only needs a Web Browser to run.

Also, the underlying technology for the mySAP suite of products is NetWeaver which is powered by WebAS, which i believe is in the 7.0 iteration with NetWeaver 2004s.

I hope this helps in alleviating your confusion. I could have been wrong with the timing of the versions but most of it should be good as of today.

Hope that helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can find difference here

http://solutionbrowser.erp.sap.fmpmedia.com

regards

Srinivas