Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Condition category - Freight or Delivery costs

former_member591501
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

When I create a new condition type, how can I be sure whether the condition category for it should be 'F' i.e. Frieght or 'B' i.e. Delivery costs.

I tried to search on SCN/google but could not get the answer.

What is the difference between Freight and Delivery costs condition category?

Thanks

Harsh Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh

Main difference between F and B are

if the vendor is same for po and freight po then we can select the F category

if the courier vendor is different then the Purchase order vendor then we need to select the B delivery cos.

simple: supplier and shipping by same vendor F freight

supplier by one vendor and shipping done through another vendor then we need to select B delivery cost , for this category we need to create separate vendor.

I hope you got the answer to your question

Regards

Sudhakar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member591501
Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried to test by using category as "F" as well as "B" but in both cases, I am not able to enter another vendor in the condition type in PO.

The condition type is not selectable at all. Can you please guide me further on what could be the reason for this?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check detailed settings for your delivery cost condition type  with condition category B where you can enter vendor number during PO creation.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh,

Which condition type you have used? You may checked condition type FRA1 and the vendor

can be edit as show in the attachment.

For SAP Best practice, if you are using z-condition type, you can always first check the

available SAP standard condition and copy the setting standard condition type and change it to suit your requirement if the standard could not meet exactly your requirement.

In table T685A, i hardly see any standard condition type with condition category = F used in MM but SD. Therefore, you may checked if any this standard FRA1, FRB1 or FRC1 that meets your requirement and might also use it or define your own based on this standard condition types.

Best Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh

To enter the different vendor in the condition type of PO , go to condition tab and select the condition type and click on detail button below and enter vendor code in the bottom of the screen

Regards

Sudhakar

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harsh,

Delivery cost are the cost which when the PO created which covers charges made by the vendor such as forwarder, custom authorities.

Freight cost are enter for specific vendor. For example, if the cost not to the supplier/vendor when charge the delivery cost, then a different vendor can be entered, then we call it freight vendor and custom office respectively. A different vendor can be enter for the condition type details screen.

Best Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a new condition type, one must be sure that what condition category required  based on requirement. With condition category B- you will be option of entering delivery vendor( other than main vendor) for that condition type in PO  and also you post this value to different G/L account  based on  account key setting in Accrual column in MM pricing procedure and G/L account assignment in OBYC for that account key.

It is responsibility who is designing and configuring new process with that new condition type to select a appropriate condition category.

Regards,

Biju K