cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differance in Legacy Asset depriciation and SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i have uploaded legacy assets and its take over balances through AS91. where i have found the legacy depriciation was claulated incorrectly. hence there was a differance with legacy and SAP. How to handle this depriciation.

Spandana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spandana,

Have you run first depreciation for the first period in SAP? I

You could change legacy values (Acquisition Cost and Accumulated Depreciation) in AS92 if a depreciation posting run hasn`t been yet started. If there are entries on table TABA you can not change the posted depreciaiton.

Please also refer to OSS note 49563

Hope this helps!

KR,

Severina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depriciation run is not yet carried out. my concern is how to handile the difference in depriciation of legacy asset to SAP

Example: we are going live in mid of the year. Take over date is 31/7/2011 and last period of posting in legacy is 31/7/2011. i have received the legacy acqasition and depriciation. an asset is depriciated at stright line method. values are below.

Acqasiton cost 288000,

Accumulated depriciation 35000

Oridinary depriciation 11000 (From Jan to July 2011)

in SAP at AW01N sap calculated for 8,9,10,11 and 12 period as 1140 as planned depriciation. For one month it is 1140, so from Jan to July it should be 7980. where as in legacy it is alredy posted 11000. so there is differance of 3020 (11000-7980).

How to handle this differance.

Spandana

nico_dewaele
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check useful life, depreciation start date & calculation method.

you can always adjust legacy to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any further thoughts?

Depriciation is different to legacy to SAP. how to adjust this?

Spandana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are saying that Dep in legacy system should have been 1140 per month but supposing that legacy might be correct with 1571 per month and SAP calculation might have changed.

Check the depreciation key in SAP and how the value is arrived as 1140 per month in SAP.

or

While in legacy, per month calculation would have been 1140 but lateron, in one of month in current year users might have posted unplanned dep.

Regards,

Sayujya