cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI Server on a different machine than SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to run the DI Server (and IIS) on one machine and the SAP B1 on another? I have this scenario an when I try to login with the DI Server to the B1 I get the following error:

Failed to Extract OBServer.dll from CAB File

thanks for help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, now I know what the problem is, but not how to solve it:

if i delete the OBServerDLL.dll in the TEMP directory, a new one is extracted and it works.

But i have to use a special OBServerDLL.dll (that I got from SAP Support). So if I copy this OBServerDLL.dll into the TEMP (and make some changes told me by SAP Support) the connection on the local machine works. but not to another.

has the OBServerDLL.dll to be the same on the DI Server machine and the B1 machine?

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally the OBServer on the server and client should be the same. SBO ensures this by extracting the DLL from the SBO server.

If the dll is read-only the extraction cannot be completed and fails.

I think you have to go to SAP suppport and ask the question to them, because you have a special dll from support.

Please let us know the final resolution

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have enough space on your DI-server machine in

%TEMP%

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, about 30 GB

so it is possible to run it on different machines?

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know it is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works if i connect to the B1 that is on the same machine. but if I connect to a B1 on another machine, I get the error.

Do I have to install on the B1 machine anything else (parts of the DI Server or so)?