cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI API Language Init Error 8020

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i try to connect to company using the DI API i receive language Init Error (-8020).

i found in the forum some solutions that did not help me.

(setting the posting period)

someone has solution for the error?

thanks

Moty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moty,

Have you tried removing the SM_OBS_DLL folder in your temp directory? I had the same 8020 error problem when upgrading to patch 26 and resolved it by doing the following:

1) Uninstall DI API

2) Delete the SM_OBS_DLL folder. This can be found in your profile's temp directory (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Local Settings\Temp\SM_OBS_DLL for Windows XP where [User] is your user account)

3) Reinstall DI API

4) Try using DI API again

Hope this helps,

Owen Slater

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys it solved the problem

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Moty,

Have you tried another product that tries to connect to SAP Business One using the DI API such as the Data Transfer Workbench? Do you get the same error?

Have you verified that you have installed the DI API runtime version on the SAP Business One Client? The DI API for the client is not installed by default as part of the Business One client install procedure. You can find the install on the client workstation at: \Program Files\SAP Manage\SAP Business One\SBO_SHR\SBODIAPI.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

thanks for your reply.

the DI API runtime is installed.

on every way i try to connect i receive the same error.

i recently upgraded to the recent build (26), could it be the problem ?

thanks

Moty

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Moty,

The upgrade to patch 26 could be an issue as there should also be an updated DI API install that accompanied the patch. You would want to uninstall the current DI API through the Windows Add/Remove Applications in the Control Panel and then install the new DI API. Prior to the upgrade to Patch 26 I am assuming that you could connect to the DI API?

Eddy