cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI API .dll problem when using .NET setup wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm trying to create an application which will not be installed as an add-on in SBO. I want the application to use windows forms and connect to SBO with the DI API 2005 dll. The project works fine when i run the application. When i try to build a Setup.msi project i get the following error <b>Could not find file 'C:\path\project\obj\Interop.SAPbobsCOM.dll' 'Interface not registered'</b>

I have re-included the <b>SAPbobsCOM.dll</b> component thinking that the file might have been corrupted but this still did not fix the problem.

I'm using the .NET 2003 IDE and SAPbobsCOM 2005 DI API Component.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is not that i don't have the DI API installed. It is because i can not compile the SAPbobsCOM.dll with the setup.msi file i'm trying to create in .NET.

The error i get is: <b>Could not find file 'C:\path\project\obj\Interop.SAPbobsCOM.dll' 'Interface not registered'</b>

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

If I have well understood you want to create a setup for your solution using only DI API (not using UI API and then not integrated with B1 add-ons installation process).

You are using .NET Setup and Deployment project for doing that, righ?

When you add the exe of your solution in the "File System" of your installation project you should have in the "Detected Dependencies" the "Interop.SAPbobsCOM.dll" + the "SAPbobsCOM200X.dll" automatically inserted, is it the case? Then you Exclude the "SAPbobsCOM200x.dll" and recompile the project. That's what I do for the B1DE Installation wizard and it works fine.

Your error seems to say your DI API is not registered...

Maybe you can give as more details

Regards

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinidad.

Thx for your reply.

Yes, i'm creating the setup file within .NET and using its built in setup creation wizard. I want the person to install the application in Windows and not SAPBO. I include the SAPbobsCOM.dll into the project and after i've testing the project i then add a setup wizard project to the current project to build it to a setup.msi file.

I have another dll that i use in my project that is not related to the SBO SDK which does not give problems when building the setup project. The one .dll is a mail component i created that works perfectly.

It would seem that there is a problem with the SAPBobsCOM.dll file and even when i take away the dll and re-reference it i still get a problem.

I am not using the B1DE installation wizard.

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

When you add your solution into the "File System" the Interop.SAPbobsCOM.dll should be added automatically to the "Detected Dependencies". You don't need to add the SAPbobsCOM.dll by hand.

The DI API must be installed in the machine where your application must be installed, SAPbobsCOM is a COM interface and needs to be registered before being used. Is it the case?

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trinidad,

SAPbobsCOM.dll does get included into the project as a "detected dependency". As soon as i build the project with all the dll's included(automatically), that is when i receive the error: <b>Could not find file 'C:\path\project\obj\Interop.SAPbobsCOM.dll' 'Interface not registered'</b>.

Could this rather be a .NET or system error? I wouldn't understand why since my other COM's(.dll's) are building fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

If you use Di Api, before install you aplication, you need install di api of Sap.