cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI API already installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to install the DI API on a machine but an error message was returned to the effect that a previous version of the DI API was installed and needed to be removed first.

However, in Add/Remove Programs there is no option to remove the DI API as it does not appear in the list of added programs.

Has anyone come across this or have a solution? Perhaps I need to delete registry entries for the DI API.

Thanks for any help,

Robin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I don't remember that I would have had that problem - but I maybe wrong

I don't think that you have to remove everything from the registry that refers to DI API - nevertheless I think there are planty of tools which are supposed to clean the registry.

Maybe you could just try to remove an old entry for the type library. In "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib" search for the path where DI API had been installed + remove those entries.

Maybe someone has a better idea - or more experience with that problem...

HTH,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply...I haven't had a chance to try this yet as the offending machine is on a client site. I'll post the result of it when I get there.

Thanks again,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

SAP did a webex with this issue and managed to resolve the problem by deleting registry keys. It worked on one of the two troublesome machines anyway!

Thanks for your help,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robin,

Can you post what registry keys SAP people deleted from your system? so that it will be helpful to other facing similar problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I'm afraid I cannot, as I was not present when SAP did the Webex, as it was on a client site. Perhaps SAP will be able to furnish you with this information, as it is not the only time they have come across the issue.

Sorry about that,

Robin

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Srinvasan,

You should be able to launch the installation of the DI API on the client machine and the install should tell you that the DI API is already installed and then give you the option to remove it. You should then remove the DI API and when finished reboot the workstation. Once this is done re-install the DI API from the
SAP Manage\SAP Business One\SBO_SHR\SBODIAPI folder.

Hope this helps,

Eddy

Answers (0)