cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI API - accessing objects with Read only permissions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario: I have setup a user in B1 with "Read Only permissions" on the Business Partner. When I log into the DI API as this user and try instantiating the BP object, I get a message "Loged on user does not have permissions".

Why am I getting this? Shouldnt I be able to instantiate the object and read the property values. i understand that I cannot Add or Update because of read only permissions.

Is there a way we can retreive values for users using the DI API or should the best option be to write a SQL statement.

Thanks,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Unfortunately there are issues with instantiating DI API objects if the user has limited permissions. If you want read-only access to data then using the RecordSet DI API object is probably the easiest way to go.

Kind Regards,

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requiring the user to have full authorization to instantiate an object is a serious limitation for the DI API. It makes it virtually useless. After all it is supposed to be OOP and all the trimmings isn’t it? It also takes a lot of control away from the user.

Does anyone know if SAP is planning to do anything about this serious short-coming?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out that SAP is planning to fix this in 2007A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell if that issue was fixed in 2007 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to ask Trinidad and refer to this issue.

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a note talking about it beeing planned for 2007A release (862036), but I have tested it with 2007A PL11 and it stills not fixed...

I don't have an official confirmation but I suppose it will not be implemented as 2007A version is already blocked.

I'll let you know if I have any update on it, I have asked for confirmation to product definition.

Regards

Trinidad.

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have confirmation from B1 product definition, the DI API access for objects with Read only permissions will not be included in the 2007A version. It will be considered for the following version after 2007A.

There is a chapter called "Authorization Checks" in the SDK Help file specifying:

"SAP Business One performs authorization checks for the business objects and the infrastructure and meta data objects. If a user does not have full authorization to access the objects in SAP Business One, the user will not have permission to access the data belonging to the business objects using the DI API."

Regards

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requiring the user to have full authorization to instantiate an object is a serious limitation for the DI API. It makes it virtually useless. After all it is supposed to be OOP and all the trimmings isn’t it? It also takes a lot of control away from the user.

+1

Hi,

I have confirmation from B1 product definition, the DI API access for objects with Read only permissions will not be included in the 2007A version. It will be considered for the following version after 2007A.

There is a chapter called "Authorization Checks" in the SDK Help file specifying:

"SAP Business One performs authorization checks for the business objects and the infrastructure and meta data objects. If a user does not have full authorization to access the objects in SAP Business One, the user will not have permission to access the data belonging to the business objects using the DI API."

Regards

Trinidad.

*sigh*