cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI API 6.5 and SBO2004: error 100000008 when connecting to db

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using DI API 6.5 against SBO 2004. In my own environment, the application runs smoothly, but in the customer's environment, DI API gives the error message "100000008" when trying to connect to the company database.

There is one significant difference between these environments: in the customer's environment, the user in question does not have SDK/Add-on licensed mapped to the username. This seems a logical explanation to the problem. But is there some documentation from which I could check out what this error message is all about ?

Best regards,

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to reproduce the problem in my own environment by using such a userid that has no SDK or DI API licenses allocated to it. Regardless of this, the application ran smoothly. So it seems that this is not a license problem but something else. Sadly the DI API is in this case only giving an errorcode, not any textual desciption.

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error 100000008 is a license error which means that there is no license to run the add-on.

Your client needs to have a Compatibility license in order to run you old add-on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, this will make resolving the problem much easier.

One thing which makes me curious is that the error message does not appear on a client that is version 2004 A 6.70.184 SP:00 PL:01, but does appear on version 2004 6.70.184 SP:00 PL:02.

Could it be that there is a bug in PL:01 that allows the add-on to function without a compatibility license?

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not aware of such a bug in any version.

However, you should notice that in new installations you can work for 30 days without having a license file (so all your add-ons will run with no error). If you upgrade you need a license file (for upgrade) and for running...

Answers (0)