cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deviation required for Division to create Order with billing reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.,

I want to Create Order with the reference of Billing Document. Just consider one case.,

Billing Document Sales Area is , ABC/10/BZ

I am creating sale order for Sales area, ABC/DI/ST with reference of Billing Document having Division BZ.

System will thow an error as "Division ST deviates from Division BZ".

Is it possible to create order with such scenario???

Is there any Division specific Copy control routine????

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can try by assigning these two Divisions to Common Division in VOR2

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Peeyoosh Jain

I already tried to uncheck Item Division Tab for the Order type. Still it is giving me same error.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the copy control settings in T.code VTAF. Select the source and target document types and go to the details. Check the routine assigned in the copying requirements field. The routine might carry the coding for division check. You may need to create a new routine in VOFM, if you dont want this check.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Sales document type, transaction VOV8, there is a field 'Check Division', which if checked will not allow a division different than the Sales area at the header of the Sales order. If you are trying a fresh cycle, you can remove this check which will allow entering a different division at item level without any problems.

Plus if you create a new order with reference to the invoice of above stated order, system will allow a different division value at the item level.

Regards,

Peeyoosh.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Apologies for my previous response

Have look on SAP Note 64253 - Check division when copying.

(for updating table T185, use TCode VFBS)

I hope that note can assist you with solution.

Thanks & Regards

JP