cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine the requirement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am trying out all the posible search strategies to determine the requirement type.

i am successful in determining the req type against the strategy group and the MRP group which i maintain in the material master.

However, the next search strategy of Material Type is not successful. I need some help as to where is the assignment of req type against material type is done.

Also, the next two search strategies are used ( Item cat + MRP Type & Item Cat ). I know where the assignments are done for this & it has been done correctly. But, this also does not determine the req type.

Kindly help me with the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

If you assign more than one strategy in the strategy group then the customer reqmt type of the first stragtegy specified in the group in customization is defualted in the proc tab page of the sale order. You need to choose from F4 if you want to change to the alternate strategy.

The itm catg/MRP type setting is for determining the sch line categry only.

I am not sure if this was your problem.

Rgds

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

As per my understanding of your question,

Assignment of <b>Material Type to MRP Group </b> happens in IMG> MM>Consu Bas Plann-->MRP Group

&

Assignment of <b>MRP Group to Strategy Group</b> happens in IMG>PP>DM-->PIR

With this two your <b>Material Types</b> will get linked to <b>Strategy Gro</b>up

Hope i understood your question

Regards

Rehman