cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting Active Component in a BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Wanted to know if there is an easy way to know which componentes in a BOM are the active ones? A way not involving comparing validation date, like if there is a yes or no something that tells me those components in the BOM are the active ones, the others are the alternative or the old ones.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you modify or update a component inside the BOM, it always keep the old components in the tables, and the only thing I noticed different is that it has the documnet number of the modification. Do know if this helps?

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

so you mean you are replacing new component with old component?

if you want to replace old with new why old is still there?

regards,

Shaiil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I replaced old with new. It doesn't show on the BOM, but if you look them up in the STPO table, you can see the old one there, since I'm trying a special ABAP report, we are trying to eficientice the way of obtain the new component, without having to use the validation date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to go by tables for your report, then you will have to read the valid ones from the table STAS.

Alternatively you can use FM - CS_BOM_EXPL_MAT_V2. If you want to do multi-level then pass 'X' to the parameter MEHRS.

former_member219186
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please elaborate your requirement

what do you mean by active?

are you looking some thing like if the component are production or costing relevant?

Regards,

Shaiil