cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details Explanation for Movement type configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

I'm trying to understand how the movement type is relevant to different preceding document/transaction and the subsequent transaction.

When i look at the info in OMJJ, i'm totally lost and dont know how to go about, can your please share with me the details configuration info about OMJJ?

Thanks and Regards

Chee Wee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The movement type is not relevant for preceding or subsequent transactions, it controls what happens during a stock movement in a given situation. OMJJ is a very complicated transaction and it's very hard to give you a full overview of movement types in a forum discussion.

Do you have any specific question? What are you trying to accomplish?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually i dont have a specify question, but was looking for a details explaination to gain the better understand in OMJJ.

I was looking around for book and so on, but didnt managed to find a book with details explaination.

Can you please share with me more info or document about OMJJ? and how different transaction are related to this OMJJ configuration? for example the "Update control / WM movement types"; Account Grouping; and Reversal/follow-on movement types.

Thank you so much

CW

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right, movement type in SAP control and be as vital parameter on each and every goods movement. Without movement type no goods movement possible and every movement of goods is followed by a movement type only and which makes possible goods movement. The concept is movement type is there as standard movement type or created(t.code: OMJJ) as needed ,  links with transaction event keys{ OMWN t.code} , G/L account assignment and G/L account assigned to transaction event key (OBYC).Furthermore movement type  is used for with account modifier to  break down account determination for example: GBB-VBR,GBB-INV,GBB-BVO, GBB-BSA.

In some cases new movement type creation required as standard movement type not fulfilled the business needs, so you can control

1. Each field selection required/optional in a screen of the transaction.

2. Also you can control quantity and value updating

3. Updating consumption account.

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

try this for details

in OMJJ give movement type and execute then on every field press F1,you will get good explanation for same field this good way to got details

Kailas Ugale

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CW,

It is some what difficult to share complete information but  in omjj t-code  each and every mvt type is interlinked with the some indicators like debit/credit , consumption posting ,account control ,account assignment for reservation etc .,

So based on mvt type all the above indicators information will be captured and posted the values .

Regards

M B Raju