cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description In material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While i am creating material master MM01 , i have given description in basic data 1 view, and it is not automaticallu updated for all the views, i need to enter the description for each view.

Kindly advice me where the configuration to make the description automaticalluy update for all the views,\

regards

sp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the data in MAKT table ,whether the description you maintained in Basic 1 view is stored or not.

Cheers......

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

There is no configuration to updated automatically in all the views.Its a standared functionality.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

manish,

pls tel me why the description is asking in all the views.i dont know how to resolve it

Former Member
0 Kudos

waiting for replyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls help me to resolve

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you using the sap standard program or a customized program to maintain material masters?

The behavior you describe is certainly a bug.

But it is unclear whether it is a SAP bug (I doupt) or a home made one, by using screen variants, user exits, BAPIs.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

SAP standard program only. T code MM01

kindly help me

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check your authority.

when you see this happen, then enter /NSU53 into the command field.

check if a user exit is active

log an incident at SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OMSR check for the field selection group for the field MAKT-MAKTX (Standard is 20)

Go to OMS9 check the field selection group 020 whether reqd entry given for MM01 and MM02 (Standard) but for all the material types it should be optional entry only.

May be it may solve ur problem.

regards,

Kannaiah Naidu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked in omsr and oms9 also.

it has assigned correctly. but still the description is asking in all the views.

pls advice

regards

sp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

In sales view system is not giving error for description, it must be some other mandetory informations.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it is asking in all the views to enter the description. why is is not updated automatically in all the views.

pls advice me where is the configuration

regards

s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Are you getting any error message if you will not maintain the description for all the views..?

As i told you earlier just maintain for basic data view and save the material and then go to MM03 and see, you will get the description in all views automatically.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ahve maintained in basic data one view, and if i go to next screen basic data 2 the descrition comes blank and if i go to next sales view there also coming balnk it saying fill the required feilds.

so my requirement is if i enter in basic data 1 view it need to update in all the views

pls advice

regards

s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

I could not understand why you are maintaining manually for all views, it is not necessary to maintain for all the views.Just maintain for basic data.

Let me know what error you are getting if you will not maintain for all views.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My issue is description is not automatically populated in all the views.

I have entered in basic data 1 view, but it is not get updated in all the views.

pls advice

regards

s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material description entered in the basic view will be changeable in some other view.

So the description you enter at last will be saved in the memory.

Material description will not be seperately stored in each and every view,but could be changed in every view..

hope it clears your problem...

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

While creating material master in MM01 maintain the description in basic data 1 view and enter all required information and save the material,It should automatically populated in all views.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It is not automatically populated in all the views. I am entering in each and every view.

I want to automatically populated in all the views

pls advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material description entered in the basic view will be changeable in some other view.

So the description you enter at last will be saved in the memory.

Material description will not be seperately stored in each and every view,but could be changed in every view..

hope it clears your problem...

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material description in MMR is at client level and can only be stored in different languages,if required.

You cant create different description for every department of your company.

Regards,

deepak.