cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation Rules in FICO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to FICO and i need to work on the Derivation Rules Txn KEDR in FI/CO.

That is i need to know the

1. Purpose

2. Example

3. Then walk through the process.

Actually i dont know anything about the Derivation Rules as well as KEDR. And i dont know what is the link between the KEDR and Derivation Rules.

Can anyone guide me on this. It will be a great help if anyone help me out in this.

Thanks in advance.......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Purpose:

To derive the characteristics in COPA

Example:

Characteristic "Department" is defined in COPA. The values are not maintained in place of sap. Now one can write derivation rule to derive the values for Department. Say each profit center represents department in company code. Then u can specify company code, profit center as source fields and in target field Department, u can maintain the values for the source field combinations.

Regards

Sudhakar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sudhakar,

The reply was very helpful,

To derive characteristic in COPA means i cant able to understand, as i am new to fico so can u explain in a elaborate way

so that i can easily understand why we are going/using the derivation rule....... and also can u explain the t-code KBDR (Derivation Strategy) weather Derivation Rule and Derivation Strategy are same if not how they differ.....

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Derivation strategy determines the way to derive the values. Derivation rule will actually make you derive the values based on given parameters.

As I said earlier, say for example Business needs to analyse COPA values on Department wise. Now department field say not captured in any other means, then to derive the value of department and post in copa, u use KEDR.

In KEDR u specify the source fields which in turn act as the parameter comibnation throght which target field Department is to be populated.

Regard

Sudhakar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sudhakar,

can u provide me any links on this??? i need to know more about Derivation Rules from scratch and also i need to prepare a document on the same.........

thnx,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can have a nice explanations in this link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/7a/4c48c64a0111d1894c0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Sudhakar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx sudhakar.