cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation is calculated on Down payment for asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

While i am making down payment for Asset to the vendor through transaction code F-48, the depreciation is calculated on the advance amount what i posted.

Please advice me ???

Regards

Mrutyunjaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bernhard,

This setting is for new document. what about my old document which has already been given advance to the vendor and depreciation is calculated.

Ex- I have given Advance to the vendor for Asset on 22.01.2009 of Rs 165000 and depreciation rate is 4.75%, and on 16.02.2009 i receive the Asset from the vendor and invoice cleared against advance. System is showing bellow value.

Date Amount Dep Value

22.01.2009 Rs. 165000 Rs. 1959-

16.02.2009 Rs. 165000 Rs. 1959

Please advice me how to make rectification of depreciation amount on that asset.

Regards

Mrutyunjaya

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mrutyunjaya,

you can't reverse already posted depreciation, but if you allocate anoter depreciation key (AS02) and make a depreciation repead run, the depreciation will be corrected for all open fiscal years according to the settings from the new depr. key.

Regards Bernhard

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create one new transaction type quite opposite to 640.

In T.code AO78 you can see the transaction type 640 default credit transaction is selected.

Now in new transaction type you need to select Debit transaction.

So you can manually post reverse depreciation through T.code ABAA with new transaction type(debit transaction in AO78)

Regards,

Sankar

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You made down payment against purchase order of an asset.

The down payment amount appears in asset APC value system consider this value for calculating depreciation. IF this is the case do F-54 to transfer down payment to normal payment.

If you want down payment should not be include in APC value. Check the master data of down payment transaction type once. You need to choose once check box for this.

Regards,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this transaction can be processed under AUC, then final settle to asset.

Regards

Edited by: KH4701 on Jul 26, 2010 9:10 AM

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mrutyunjaya,

if I understood you correctly you want the system to calculate depreciation from the APC and not from the APC + down payment?

I'm honestly not sure if I have understood your question.

The system calculats the depreciation from the base value. The base value you can choose in the depreciation key. In the standard unfortunately there is no base value which exclude the down payment.

So if you want a base value which exclude the down payment you have to create your own base value in customizing.

Another, perhaps more easy methode, would be to post the down payment on a sub number.

Regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

The very simple way is assign 000 dep key for the assest later date you can transfer this assest once it isready to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

madhusoodanan_ramachandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doubtful on your question.

If you are paying downpayment, the entry would be vendor debit and bank credit. How asset account comes into picture. The depreciation will be applicable only on APC value based on asset value date and ordinary depreciation start date normally. The scenario which you have mentioned doesn't include these things. Can you check again the transaction posted to the asset ? You can double click the transaction in AW01N to view the details or you can check the documents posted to Asset in AB03.

Best Regards,

Madhu

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mrutyunjaya,

unforftunately there is no base value which exclude the down payment. You have to create you own base value or post to a sub number.

regards Bernhard