cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation calculation of investment measure since capitalization date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our customer are facing a problem of depreciation starting date with investment support.

I give an example. They buy a new asset in 01.2010. They ask for investment support but they receive it only this month (12.2011). As the amount ask is often not the amount received, it is not possible to enter an investment support amount since 2010.

In asset Master data, I set the start depreciation date to 01.01.2010, for 4 year. So the end depreciation date is 31.12.2013.

In Luxemburg, the common rule is to depreciate linearly by semester.

Then, with ABIF Tcode we enter the investment support at the date of 12.2011. We want that for the depreciation run of December, the system calculates the depreciation since 01.01.2010 (that is 2 year , so the 1/2).

But instead of depreciate from 01.01.2010 to 31.12.2013, the system depreciate from 01.07.2011 (since the posting date as it is for semester) until the 31.12.2013.

So the depreciation, instead of being 1/2 of the total depreciation is only (1/5 : 1 semester on the 5 left). That is not correct for the accounting department.

It is possible that I have to create a new depreciation code.

Could someone help me with that ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

see Céline

you need to go for fiscal change if you enter new fiscal year like if enter 2011 from 2010 you close 2010. and system allows to post dep only when the dep is posted for that year.

if its the requirement go for manual dep posting ABMA

REGARDS

ROHIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

Change the depreciation start date to 01.01.2010 in AS02 for asset run AFAR to recalculate the depreciation because of different start date . now run AFAB. Make sure to open the previous fiscal year 2010 for asset posting.run for 2010 and then close fiscal year and run AFAB for 2011.

This will be ok.

keep posted if furthur clarification needed

Regards

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I don't think it is was I want.

The depreciation date in AS02 is already set to the start depreciation date I want.

I don't want to post the depreciation of the year 2010 on 2010 but I want the system take into account the previous year to calculate the amount to be depreciate on 2011.

That is I want that the system for month 12/2011 calculates 18 months depreciation in one time.

I hope to be clear.

I try to make unplanned depreciation for this but it doesn't work in case on investment support.

Let me know if you need more details.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if previous year is closed, this is not possible.

regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

You mean it is not possible to catch up this year the depreciation not posted on the previous year ?

Hello Rohit,

If I have to make manual or unplanned depreciation, how can I do this for investment grant posting ? I don't find in ABMA transaction key for investment.

I try, when entering the investement to add the depreciation of the previous period, but it did not post this on the depreciation account, only on the value adjustment acct. for write-off of investment support.

Then the depreciation is correctly calculated for the next months, but the accounting document are not corrects (the amount on the offset account in ABIF is reduced by the amount of the alreacy passed depreciation).

Thanks in advance.

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

try to change the derpeciation start date in AS02.

regards Bernhard