Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Base Method 0007 and 0011

bose_gourav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query related to depreciation key base method how SAP is calculating the depreciation rate? The difference between two base method variants i.e. "0007- percentage from life V$ 0011- percentage from useful life". As an example when I posted an asset acquisition value of 40,000 with 5 years useful life for SLM method the depreciation computation is 8,000/- yearly which is similar in with both cases 0007 and 0011 so how do we know in which case we need 0007 and 0011 as a base method. Also what is the standard base method SAP has offered in case of WDV method?

View Entire Topic
bose_gourav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

It's a long time ask and I haven't got any logical reply from anyone on the BASE method used for depreciation calculations. So can anyone please help me to understand the difference between two depreciation BASE method variants i.e. "0007- percentage from life V$ 0011- percentage from useful life" with real time examples. Also when we create SLM depreciation key which BASE method is recommended and when we create WDV depreciation key which BASE method is recommended and why?