cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dep key....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts...

Suppose in 2005 I have depreciation key AB and in 2006 I have changed to depreciation key CD. In what ways would my balances be affected, e.g., accumulated depreciation, assets, etc...Will my depreciation change from 2005 (previous year).

Please reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you change the depreciation key, depreciation will get calculated till date as per your new key and post the difference in the current period. Prior periods depreciation posted will not be changed at any cause.

Your Asset balance wont change. Your current month depreciation after making the change will have the impact of the change either + or - and from the subsequent months you will find same amount of depreciation

Malathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply..

I have read somewhere that when we change dep key in asset maste and run the AFAR (revaluation) it also changes posted depreciation..is it true

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use AFAR if there is small difference (occured when system calculates depreciation in current year)between GL and AA.

AFAR will not consider if there is any change in Asset structure such as change of life/Change of dep key etc.

In your cse you have to follow what Malathi suggessted and it is perfect.

After listening do it on your own and ask questions with the results.

It helps us to give more specific solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFAR can be done only for open fiscal years

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member219158
Participant
0 Kudos

you need to run AFAR after changing dep key.....it will updated the values

Answers (0)